Balsamic Fruit Sauce
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar (Your Favorite Flavor)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Crushed Fruit
- In a 2 1/2 quart saucepan combine balsamic vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil. Stir in crushed fruit and allow mixture to return to a full boil (skim off any foam that develops). Reduce heat and simmer about 15-20 minutes (or until sauce thickens). Allow to cool and serve over vanilla ice cream or yogurt!
- Strawberry Balsamic Sauce (use Aged Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar) - 1 lb. of fresh strawberries will yield about 2 cups crushed fruit.
- Peach Balsamic Sauce (use Aged Peach Balsamic Vinegar) - 5 or 6 large peaches will yield about 2 cups crushed fruit.
- Raspberry or Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic Sauce (use Aged Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar or Aged Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic Vinegar) - 2 pints of raspberries or blackberries will yield 2 cups crushed fruit. For a seedless version, strain crushed fruit to remove seeds.
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/