Balsamic Glazed Turkey Breast
- 1 cup Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 4-5 pound bone-in whole turkey breast
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (mixture of sage, rosemary, thyme)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup Herbs de Provence EVOO
- 1 medium sweet onion, quartered
- 5 celery ribs, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 whole carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Combine Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, cinnamon, and ginger in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and Herbs de Provence EVOO. Rub mixture completely over turkey breast (lift up the skin to rub mixture directly against meat too). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chopped vegetables on the bottom of large baking dish. Place turkey (breast side down) on top of the vegetables and roast in oven for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and carefully turn turkey over (breast side up). Roast for an additional 1.5-2 hours or until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165 degrees. For the last hour or so of roasting, brush the prepared glaze over the skin every 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Note: The drippings from the turkey will make an excellent (sweet and sour) gravy!!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/