Bruschetta with Slow Roasted Olive Oil Tomatoes
- 3 pounds San Marzano or Roma tomatoes, halved and seeded*
- 1 cup Single Varietal EVOO
- 2 tablespoons Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Goat cheese
- Baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Lightly cover bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish with Single Varietal EVOO. Arrange tomato halves (cut side up) in dish. Pour remaining Single Varietal EVOO evenly over tomatoes. Drizzle Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar over top. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, dried oregano, sugar, and chopped garlic. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Carefully turn tomatoes over and bake for an additional hour.
- Remove baking dish from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Arrange tomato halves (cut side up) on serving platter and pour warm EVOO over tomatoes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and chopped garlic. Serve with crumbled goat cheese and sliced baguette. Enjoy!
- *To seed plum tomatoes: Cut in half lengthwise and gently squeeze flesh to release the seeds; repeat.
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/