Campfire Caramel Corn
- 3 tablespoons Organic Butter EVOO
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Aged Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups graham cracker pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large stockpot, combine Butter EVOO and 3 popcorn kernels. Turn heat to medium high and cover with lid. Once the 3 kernels pop, remove from heat and pour in remaining kernels. Cover with lid and count to 30 before returning the pan to the heat. Once the popcorn begins popping, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner. (Hint: Keeping the lid slightly ajar will keep your popcorn drier and crisper.) When the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat and dump the popcorn into a large roasting pan (you should have about 8 cups). Remove any un-popped kernels. Stir in Chex cereal, pretzel sticks and graham cracker pieces. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil (stirring occasionally); reduce heat and cook for an additional 5 minutes without stirring (mixture should continue bubbling). Remove from heat and quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla. Mixture will foam up. Pour over popcorn mixture. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes (stirring every 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and carefully spread out on two parchment lined cookie sheets. Allow mixture to cool slightly. Sprinkle with mini marshmallows and drizzle with melted milk chocolate. Cool completely and break into pieces; store in a tightly covered container. Enjoy!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/