Coconut Cream Mushroom Soup
- 3 tablespoons Milanese Gremolata EVOO
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Traditional Style Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat stock pot over medium-high heat. Add Milanese Gremolata EVOO and onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté another 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and 1 ½ teaspoons thyme; continue sautéing for 10-15 or until mushrooms reduce in volume by half (most of the liquid should have evaporated). Remove 1 ½ cups of sautéed mushrooms; set aside.
- To the remaining mushrooms, add vegetable stock and coconut cream. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth (or use a hand immersion blender directly in the pan). Add pureed mushroom to stockpot and stir in Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and reserved mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/