Garlic Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- 1 large head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Fused Wild Rosemary EVOO
- 5 pounds red skin potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons Fused Wild Rosemary EVOO
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel away the loose, papery, outer layers around the head of garlic. Trim about ¼ inch off the top of the head of garlic to expose the cloves. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Fused Wild Rosemary EVOO. Wrap in foil and bake for 40-45 minutes (or until the center clove is completely soft when pierced with a fork). Remove from oven and cool. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves from the garlic head. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer covered for 20-30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain. While potatoes are cooking, combine milk and fresh chopped rosemary in a small saucepan. Simmer on low.
- Place drained potatoes back into the stockpot. Coarsely smash potatoes with potato masher. Add roasted garlic, butter, and warm rosemary milk. Continue smashing until desired consistency is reached. Stir in sour cream, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper. Spoon into a serving dish and drizzle with additional Fused Wild Rosemary EVOO and sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Enjoy!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/