Italian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- pinch of dried thyme
- pinch celery seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Organic Tuscan Herb EVOO
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Organic Tuscan Herb EVOO
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Italian buns
- Italian Seasoning Blend: Combine all dried seasonings (granulated garlic though kosher salt) in a container with a tight fitting lid and shake well. Set aside.
- BBQ Chicken: Place chicken breasts in the crock of a slow-cooker. Whisk together 3 tablespoons Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar, 3 tablespoons Tuscan Herb EVOO, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and 1 ½ tablespoons of prepared Italian seasoning blend. Pour over chicken breasts. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Place back in slow cooker and cook an additional hour.
- Cherry Tomato Relish: Combine chopped cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan Herb EVOO, and 1 teaspoon of prepared Italian seasoning blend. Stir well.
- To serve: Place desired amount of shredded BBQ chicken on the bottom of an Italian bun. Top with sliced fresh mozzarella, fresh basil leaves, and 2 tablespoons of cherry tomato relish. Enjoy!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/