Loaded Hasselback Red Skin Potatoes
- 8 medium to large red skin potatoes
- ¼ cup Olive Wood Smoked EVOO
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup snipped chives
- Sour cream, if desired ``
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Scrub potatoes clean and gently dry. Using a sharp knife slice a small piece off the bottom of each potato so they do not roll. Place a potato on a large wooden spoon and cut slits 1/8 inch apart – the spoon will keep the knife from cutting completely through the potato (essentially making an accordion). Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Generously coat potatoes with Olive Wood Smoked EVOO (brushing between slices if possible). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and baste with the oil in the pan. Continue baking until potatoes are golden brown and tender (about another 25 minutes). Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and place back in oven until cheese melts. Remove from the oven and top with crumbled bacon and snipped chives. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/