Neapolitan Herb Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned
- 6 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 ½ tablespoons Baklouti Green Chili EVOO
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt,
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Gently remove the mushrooms stems from the mushroom caps. Chop the stems and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add Italian sausage and cook (stirring often to break sausage into small pieces) until golden brown. Drain sausage and place in a bowl. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel and heat again over medium heat. Add Baklouti Green Chili EVOO and onions, sautéing until onions are tender and translucent. Add chopped mushroom stems and sauté until mushrooms begin to release liquid (about 6-8 minutes). Stir in parsley, red pepper flakes, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar, garlic salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add browned Italian sausage and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Coat a baking dish with about 2 teaspoons Baklouti Green Chili EVOO. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange in the baking dish. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown (about 25-30 minutes). Enjoy!!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/