Raspberry Balsamic Chocolate Truffles
- ¼ cup Aged Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 10 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- Roll truffles in: Hazelnuts, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and/or powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan add Aged Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Allow mixture to reduce in half (about 5 minutes). Set aside.
- To make truffle base: Add bittersweet chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to a medium sized glass bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan with simmering hot water and let sit untouched for about 5 minutes. Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in reduced vinegar and a pinch of salt. Pour into a shallow pan and refrigerate about 40 minutes.
- Roll chilled truffle base into 24 (1 inch) balls. Coat truffles with desired toppings (finely chopped hazelnuts, cocoa and espresso powder, and/or powdered sugar). Keep refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/