Raspberry-Chipotle Glazed Salmon
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chipotle EVOO
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup Aged Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 t. ground smoked paprika
- 1 t. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 pounds Wild Salmon Filet
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine Chipotle EVOO and fresh raspberries in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add Aged Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar and the remaining ingredients through onion powder. Allow the mixture to cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes (or until raspberries completely break down). Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely and store covered in the refrigerator until use.
- Heat grill (medium-high heat). While grill is heating, pour lemon juice over fish. Sprinkle with lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Brush grill grates with oil. Place fish (flesh-side down) on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip fish (flesh-side up) and liberally coat fish with Raspberry-Chipotle Glaze. Continuing grilling fish for an additional 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Using a grilling spatula, gently remove fish from grill. Serve with additional glaze if desired.
- NOTE: When removing fish from grill, place spatula between the flesh and skin to easily remove skin. Discard skin in the trash once cool. Grilling times may vary depending upon thickness of fish.
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/