Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons Organic Butter EVOO, divided
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Aged Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 ½ - 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth, warmed in the microwave
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, additional for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss butternut squash cubes with 1 tablespoon Butter EVOO. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While squash is roasting in the oven, preheat medium saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons Butter EVOO and chopped onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until onion is tender and translucent. Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in Arborio rice and sauté for about 5 minutes. Stir in white wine and Fig Balsamic Vinegar; cook until liquid is absorbed (stirring constantly). Stir in ½ cup of broth and cook until liquid is absorbed (stirring constantly). Add broth ½ cup at a time until all liquid is absorbed. Risotto should be creamy with a slight “chew” to the rice (not mushy). Add roasted butternut squash. Stir in Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with chives and additional parmesan cheese to finish.
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/