Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head of cauliflower, center core removed and cut into bite sized florets
- 2 tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ small sweet onion, sliced
- 4-6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Aged Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large roasting pan, toss together cauliflower florets, Wild Mushroom-Sage EVOO, chopped garlic, and sliced onions. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes so garlic and onion do not burn. Remove from oven when cauliflower begins to brown; transfer to a large saucepan or stockpot. Cover with 4 cups broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender (about 10 minutes). Using a hand immersion blender*, puree soup until smooth. Add additional broth to thin soup, if desired. Stir in Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To Serve: Ladle into individual soup bowls or ramekins. Sprinkle with dried rubbed sage and drizzle with a little Wild Mushroom-Sage EVOO. Enjoy!
- * Soup may be pureed in a traditional blender but allow soup to cool before pureeing in small batches. Transfer pureed soup back to saucepan and gently heat before serving.
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/