Shrimp Cocktail with Serrano Honey Cocktail Sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon Organic Red Cayenne Chili EVOO
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Handcrafted Artisanal Serrano Honey Vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared horseradish*
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon sugar (if desired)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined (cooked and chilled OR frozen and thawed)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss tomatoes with Organic Red Cayenne Chili EVOO, salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes cut-side down on prepared baking sheet. Place 4-5 inches from broiler and broil for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and flip (cut-side up now). Broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn . . . tomatoes should soften and have some char marks. Remove from oven and cool.
- Combine cooled tomatoes, Handcrafted Artisanal Serrano Honey Vinegar, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth. Stir in additional horseradish (if desired), salt, and pepper. Serve with jumbo shrimp cocktail. Enjoy!
- * Prepared horseradish can be found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket . . . it is grated horseradish, vinegar, and salt (not the creamy, shelf-stable horseradish condiment located near the ketchup and mustard at the supermarket).
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/