Slow Cooker Carnitas
- 4 T. Black Pepper EVOO
- 9-10 lb. bone-in pork butt (cut into 4-6 pieces)
- ¼ c. steak seasoning
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 t. dried culinary lavendar
- 2 T. Lavendar Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t. whole peppercorns
- Generously season the pork with steak seasoning (all sides). Preheat large pan over medium-high heat. Add 2. T. Black Pepper EVOO and half of the seasoned pork pieces. Brown all sides and transfer to large slow cooker. Repeat with remaining oil and pork.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Pour over browned pork and cover with lid. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours (meat should be very tender and fall off the bone). Remove pork from slow cooker and shred pork with two forks (discard bones). Pour ¼ to ½ cup of broth (from the slow cooker) over shredded pork. Use in pork tacos, on sandwiches, or pizza! Enjoy!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/