Strawberry Pecan Blue Cheese Salad
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Cranberry-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Mission EVOO (or Singular Varietal EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons Cranberry-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Mission EVOO (or Singular Varietal EVOO)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens*
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Combine the chopped pecans, Cranberry-Pear Balsamic Vinegar, Mission EVOO, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour into preheated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes (stirring often with a silicon spatula). Remove from heat and spread out on a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt and cool completely. Break into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a jar with a tight sealing lid, combine Cranberry-Pear Balsamic Vinegar, honey, minced garlic, and Mission EVOO. Shake thoroughly. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- To Assemble Salad: Place 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette in the bottom of a serving bowl. Add mixed greens and additional 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette. Gently toss to coat. Arrange strawberries, blueberries, blue cheese, and pecans on top of “dressed” greens. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Enjoy!
- * Most groceries have a wonderful selection of baby lettuce greens. We used a 50/50 blend of baby spinach and mixed greens. Feel free to substitute with any of your favorite greens!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/