Stuffed Zucchini Rounds
- 1 giant zucchini*, cut into 2-inch thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons Organic Tuscan Herb EVOO, divided
- 1 cup cooked brown wild rice blend
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scoop-out the center of the zucchini (creating small bowls). Lightly coat zucchini rounds with 2 teaspoons Tuscan Herb EVOO. Set aside.
- Combine cooked rice, 1 ½ tablespoons Tuscan Herb EVOO, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stuff rice mixture into the centers of the zucchini rounds. Arrange in an oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with remaining Tuscan Herb EVOO..
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until zucchini rounds begin to soften and filling is hot and golden brown. Enjoy!
- * If you don’t have a giant zucchini, simply create zucchini boats by slicing zucchini lengthwise and scooping out the center. Bake as directed.
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/