Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- 1 cooked turkey carcass (with meat attached to the bones)
- 2 medium sweet onions, divided
- 1 bunch of celery, divided
- 3 carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bag (10 ounces) shredded carrots (or 6 carrots chopped)
- 1.5 cups dry wild rice blend
- 1 tablespoon Aged Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the turkey carcass in a large stockpot. Add 1 onion (quartered), 4-5 ribs of celery (roughly chopped), and 3 carrots (roughly chopped). Cover with water and add bay leaves. Bring to a boil and reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat falls off the bone. (NOTE: While stock is being made, chop the remaining onion and remaining celery ribs; set aside.) Remove carcass and meat from the stock; set aside. Discard vegetables and transfer turkey stock in a large container.
- Heat stockpot over medium-high heat. Add Wild Mushroom-Sage EVOO and chopped onion. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic and sauté an additional 1-2 minutes. Add chopped celery and carrots; sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add 8-10 cups of turkey stock to the sautéed vegetables. Stir in dry rice and Fig Balsamic Vinegar. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and continue cooking until rice is tender. While rice is cooking, remove as much meat from the turkey bones and set aside. Once rice is tender, stir in turkey meat, and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/