Tuscan Herb Popcorn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon Organic Tuscan Herb EVOO
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Organic Tuscan Herb EVOO, divided
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss halved cherry tomatoes in 1 teaspoon Tuscan Herb EVOO. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place tomatoes (cut side up) on baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 3-5 hours (start checking at 2 hours). Tomatoes should be dried but not crispy (like a raisin). Remove from oven and cool.
- Chop ¼ cup of dried tomatoes* – you should end up with about 2 tablespoons. In a small bowl combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and chopped dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot, combine 3 T. Tuscan Herb EVOO and 3 popcorn kernels. Turn heat to medium high and cover with lid. Once the 3 kernels pop, remove from heat and pour in remaining kernels. Cover with lid and count to 30 before returning the pan to the heat. Once the popcorn begins popping, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner. (Hint: Keeping the lid slightly ajar will keep your popcorn drier and crisper.) When the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat and dump the popcorn into a large bowl. Carefully remove any un-popped kernels. Drizzle with 2 t. Tuscan Herb EVOO. Sprinkle with cheese mixture and toss to evenly coat. Enjoy!
- *Use leftover dried cherry tomatoes in salads, pasta dishes, pizza, etc.
A Twist On Olives http://www.atwistonolives.com/