A Twist on Olives is excited to announce Twisted Tuesdays! Every Tuesday we will feature a new recipe highlighting one (or more) of our products. As a gift to our customers we will offer a 10% discount on the featured product(s) for that week only. This is a great way to try a new flavor or stock-up on a product you already love!!
Love is in the air . . . or at least it is your excuse to eat lots of chocolate for Valentine’s Day! This week’s Twisted Tuesday recipe, Chocolate Almond No-Bake Dessert, features our Gourmet Roasted Almond Oil and Tahitian Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar.
We are going to vote that this dessert constitutes as health food, as it has heart-healthy dark chocolate, almond butter, and almond oil! The “twist” on this recipe is to use our Gourmet Roasted Almond Oil to pull together the cookie crumbs instead of using melted butter. The second “twist” is the addition of our Tahitian Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar to the creamy almond butter mixture. You’ll love the sweet tanginess this balsamic vinegar provides! The best part of this dessert is the fact that you can make it the day before and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve!
Your valentine would love it if you stopped in this week and purchased the ingredients to make this yummy sweet treat! The best part is you’ll receive 10% off both our Gourmet Roasted Almond Oil and Tahitian Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar. We hope to see you soon!
- 1 pound Oreo cookies, reserve 8
- ¼ cup Gourmet Roasted Almond Oil
- 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 16 ounces creamy almond butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Aged Tahitian Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces Cool Whip topping, thawed
- Line a 9x13 pan with non-stick foil; set aside. Place all but 8 Oreo cookies in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground. With processor running, drizzle in Gourmet Roasted Almond Oil. Process until fine crumbs form. Transfer crumb mixture to the prepared pan and press evenly into the bottom. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat whipping cream in 30 second increments (do not boil) until cream is hot. Add bittersweet chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the chocolate ganache to a Ziploc baggie and reserve the remaining ganache; set both aside.
- Combine creamy almond butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Add in powdered sugar, salt, Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar, and vanilla extract; mix well. Gently fold in thawed Cool Whip topping.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate ganache mixture on top of the prepared cookie crumb mixture. Top with half of the whipped almond butter mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining ganache mixture and then spread the remaining whipped almond butter mixture over the ganache layer. Gently crumble the remaining 8 Oreos and sprinkle over the top. Drizzle with reserved ganache (you may need to slightly heat in the microwave for a few seconds to soften – then simply snip the corner of the baggie and squeeze over the top). Chill dessert in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!