A Twist on Olives is excited to announce Twisted Tuesdays! Every Tuesday we will feature a new recipe highlighting one (or more) of our products. As a gift to our customers we will offer a 10% discount on the featured product(s) for that week only. This is a great way to try a new flavor or stock-up on a product you already love!!
When the days and nights turn chilly, we start craving comfort food! This week’s Twisted Tuesday recipe, Neapolitan Balsamic Baked Chicken, features our Basil EVOO and Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar.
This simple recipe has so much depth and flavor thanks to our delicious Basil EVOO and Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar. You simply create a vinaigrette to pour over boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are surrounded by halved cherry tomatoes. The result is incredibly flavorful chicken breasts surrounded by a quick tomato sauce. To finish the dish, the breasts are topped with melted mozzarella cheese and fresh chopped basil.
Stop in the store this week to receive 10% off our Basil EVOO and Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar. We hope to see you soon!
- 3 tablespoons Organic Basil EVOO, divided.
- 4 tablespoons Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon Basil EVOO; set aside.
- Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons Basil EVOO and Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Lightly pound out chicken breasts so they are an even thickness. Place in baking dish and arrange halved cherry tomatoes around chicken. Pour prepared vinaigrette over chicken and tomatoes. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout (or until temperature of the chicken breast reads 160 degrees). Sprinkle with cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Arrange chicken on platter and spoon tomato-balsamic sauce over each breast. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and serve with a side of spaghetti marinara. Enjoy!