A Twist on Olives is excited to announce Twisted Tuesdays! Every Tuesday we will feature a new recipe highlighting one (or more) of our products. As a gift to our customers we will offer a 10% discount on the featured product(s) for that week only. This is a great way to try a new flavor or stock-up on a product you already love!!
These warm spring days make us start dreaming of summer cookouts. This week’s Twisted Tuesday recipe is a recipe to complement those thick, juicy steaks you toss on the grill. Our Sweet & Spicy Balsamic Mushrooms features our Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Dried Chaabani EVOO.
Grilled steaks aren’t the same without a side of mushrooms and onions. Our “twist” on this classic is to sauté the onions and mushrooms in our deliciously spicy Smoked Dried Chaabani EVOO. This oil provides the perfect balance between spicy and smoky, and will be your new favorite spicy oil! The mushroom mixture is then finished by adding our Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and reducing in volume to create a delicious glaze!
Stop in the store this week to receive 10% off our Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Dried Chaabani EVOO. We also hope you can join us this Friday night for the first 4th Friday event for 2019 in Uptown Westerville from 6-9 pm! We hope to see you soon!
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Dried Chaabani EVOO
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 pound button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 4 tablespoons Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add Smoked Dried Chaabani EVOO and onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add quartered mushrooms and sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden brown. Add Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and cook over medium heat until balsamic reduces in half and mushrooms and onions are glazed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve as a side to grilled meats.