A Twist on Olives is excited to announce Twisted Tuesdays! Every Tuesday we will feature a new recipe highlighting one (or more) of our products. As a gift to our customers we will offer a 10% discount on the featured product(s) for that week only. This is a great way to try a new flavor or stock-up on a product you already love!!
Nothing makes you feel comfort like a good ol’ fashioned meatloaf! This week’s Twisted Tuesday recipe, Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar, features our delicious Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar.
Everyone has a favorite meatloaf recipe . . . probably passed down from a loved one years ago! With that being said, we are confident this recipe is going to move to the top of your recipe box! Our “twist” is to make a delicious sweet and sour glaze using tomato sauce, Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar, dark brown sugar, and Dijon mustard. The glaze is then poured over the meatloaf before baking in the oven until cook thoroughly. Serve with roasted red skin potatoes and fresh vegetables for a complete meal!
Stop in the store this week and receive 10% off our Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar. We hope to see you soon!
- 16 ounces tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Herbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine ½ cup tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add ground beef and mix gently to combine. Form mixture into a loaf and place on a shallow plan; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine remaining tomato sauce, Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar, dark brown sugar, and Dijon mustard; mix well. Pour tomato sauce mixture over top of the meatloaf. Bake for about 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices, or until internal temperature of meatloaf reaches 165 degrees. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!