A Twist on Olives is excited to announce Twisted Tuesdays! Every Tuesday we will feature a new recipe highlighting one (or more) of our products. As a gift to our customers we will offer a 10% discount on the featured product(s) for that week only. This is a great way to try a new flavor or stock-up on a product you already love!!
A Twist on Olives enjoyed another fabulous Italian Festival weekend! It was nice to see so many familiar faces and meet new people too! With the leaves beginning to turn and our evening temperatures dropping, we wanted to create a warm, delicious side that looks incredibly difficult, but we promise it is easy! This week’s Twisted Tuesday recipe, Loaded Hasselback Red Skin Potatoes, features our Olive Wood Smoked EVOO.
Hasselback potatoes are a type of baked potato, where the potatoes are thinly sliced about three-quarters of the way through (also referred to as an accordion cut). The potatoes are then drizzled with butter or oil and baked until golden brown. Our “twist” is to use our delicious Olive Wood Smoked EVOO for an outstanding slightly smoked flavor. We finished the potatoes with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and snipped chives!
Stop in the store this week to receive 10% off our Olive Wood Smoked EVOO. We hope to see you soon!!
- 8 medium to large red skin potatoes
- ¼ cup Olive Wood Smoked EVOO
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup snipped chives
- Sour cream, if desired ``
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Scrub potatoes clean and gently dry. Using a sharp knife slice a small piece off the bottom of each potato so they do not roll. Place a potato on a large wooden spoon and cut slits 1/8 inch apart – the spoon will keep the knife from cutting completely through the potato (essentially making an accordion). Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Generously coat potatoes with Olive Wood Smoked EVOO (brushing between slices if possible). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and baste with the oil in the pan. Continue baking until potatoes are golden brown and tender (about another 25 minutes). Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and place back in oven until cheese melts. Remove from the oven and top with crumbled bacon and snipped chives. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!!