A Twist on Olives is excited to announce Twisted Tuesdays! Every Tuesday we will feature a new recipe highlighting one (or more) of our products. As a gift to our customers we will offer a 10% discount on the featured product(s) for that week only. This is a great way to try a new flavor or stock-up on a product you already love!!
Looking for a quick weeknight dinner that the kids (and adults) will love? This week’s Twisted Tuesday recipe, Buttery Chicken Tenders, features our Butter EVOO and is sure to be a family favorite!
Chicken tenders are generally fried but our “twist” is to bake them in the oven with buttery cracker crumbs drizzled with our Butter EVOO. This is a great alternative if you are trying to limit fried foods in the new year. Simply dip a raw chicken tender in beaten eggs and then press into a mixture of buttery cracker crumbs and seasoning. The tenders are then drizzled with our Butter EVOO before baking until golden brown and crispy.
Stop in this week and receive 10% off our Butter EVOO. We hope to see you soon!
- 1 sleeve buttery crackers (like Ritz crackers)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons Organic Butter EVOO
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil; set aside. Process crackers in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl and stir in onion powder, salt, basil, oregano, pepper, and cayenne pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 eggs; set aside. Dip chicken tender in egg and then press into cracker crumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining tenders. Drizzle with Butter EVOO and place in preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes (turning once) or until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked. Serve with honey mustard or BBQ sauce. Enjoy!